Wakestock are looking for brand new DJ talent to open this year’s festival. As well as bringing top name bands to North Wales each summer, we also play host to some of the UK’s leading DJ talent. We have already announced Calvin Harris, Annie Mac, Zane Lowe, DJ Fresh, Flux Pavilion, High Contrast, Jakwob, Doctor P, Disclosure and Burns will all be performing at this year’s festival. Now we are offering you the chance to play alongside them opening the South Stage on Friday 6th July. Judging the competition this year alongside the Wakestock bookers, we have DJ, presenter and long time friend of the festival Goldierocks who will be picking her favourite mix from the 5 finalists selected by the Wakestock bookers. So what are you waiting for? To enter you need to post your mix on Mixcloud and get promoting it because you’ll need at least 100 listens to qualify for the competition, so don’t sit back and wait for the judges to get in touch, get busy tweeting, blogging, facebooking and pushing it as hard as you can! The winner will receive their full tickets including camping for the weekend, plus a ticket for one of their mates. The closing date for entries is May 1st and the winner will be announced that month.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Upload your mix of no more than 30 minutes to mixcloud
- Title the mix “Wakestock DJ Competition”
- Tag your mix “Wakestock DJ Competition” – if you don’t tag your mix correctly, your mix will be missed
- Include the competition artwork, which can be found here
- You’re entry needs to include a full tracklisting to be considered.
- Entrants will be judged on a variety of factors including (but not limited to) number of plays, favourites, positive feedback, track selection, originality and technical ability.
- Entrants will be encouraged to show an ability to promote themselves by the tools available through Mixcloud and other social media networks
- Judging will be undertaken by the Wakestock bookers and Goldierocks
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Mixcloud will not tolerate any spamming behaviour on the Mixcloud platform. Do NOT post dozens of comments asking people to listen to your entry if you’ve not engaged them on the Cloudcasts. DO NOT favourite dozens of other entries that you haven’t listened to just to get their attention. If we spot this behaviour your entry to the competition will be VOID.
Prize is non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative. The contract of the winner(s) will be discussed once the competition has closed.
The final decision lies with Wakestock.