Wakestock Pool Gap Qualifier
Due to the increased number of riders wanting to compete in the WWA Rail Europeans on the Wakestock Pool Gap this year we have had to introduce a qualifier comp. The qualifier will be taking place on Wednesday 6th July at Glasfryn Wake Parc in North Wales. Glasfryn Wake Parc is located only 15 minutes away from the Wakestock festival site and is the perfect venue to host the pool gap qualifier event. They have two System 2.0’s and have some very unique features including the Relentless Leviathan and 2 wall rides which have been built by Industry Wake Parks. The Glasfryn Wake Parc setup is the closest style of riding to the pool gap, and hence why it is being used for the qualifier event.
The qualifier event will run all day on Wednesday, the format is really simple, all entrants will get to practice between 9am and 3pm and after that each entrant will get given 3 passes on each of the System 2.0 courses to impress the judges. Up to 20 riders will qualify to ride in the Wakestock pool gap.
The qualifier event costs £25 to enter and includes the following:
- Full day riding pass at Glasfryn Wake Parc
- Free Wakestock Qualifier Tee Shirt
- Prizes from Hyperlite and Mystic
- Camping at Glasfryn Wake Parc is available and costs an extra £5 per person, per night and is available on Tuesday 5th and Wednesday 6th July. Campers must leave by noon on the Thursday 7th.
- Glasfryn Wake Parc are offering a special practice deal on Tuesday from 2pm till dark for £25.
- On the Wednesday night there will be a flood lit ‘best trick’ contest on the Glasfryn Wall Rides running from 10pm till 11pm.
- There is onsite changing rooms, showers, toilettes, cafe, licensed bar, club house, ten pin bowling and much more.
- 9am to 3pm: practice on both the Glasfryn System 2.0’s
- 3pm to 7pm: the qualifier competition.
- 10pm to 11pm: flood lit ‘best trick’ contest on the Wall Rides
There will be 3 divisions; men, ladies and wakeskate. Each competitor will get 3 passes on each System 2.0 course to impress the judges. Up to 20 riders will be selected to enter the WWA Rail Europeans on the Wakestock Pool Gap. The qualifier competition is limited to 50 people only so make sure you get your application in ASAP to avoid disappointment.
All those riders who compete in the qualifier event and do not qualify for the Wakestock pool gap will be able to buy a ‘riders camping ticket’ for Wakestock for £70. All the riders who do qualify will get free entry to the Wakestock event.
If you want to enter the qualifier event you must get an entry form from firstname.lastname@example.org