This view look familiar? Like from when you were half passed out at Spy bar last night?
Let’s face it, we are all here at this site right now for one reason, we love the wake. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that but sometimes without realizing it, you fall into the wake bubble and lose touch with the rest of the world. This happens to pros, amateurs, and fans alike. It especially happens to people who live in Orlando for too long. If you don’t get one of these signs below, attribute it to the fact you are lucky enough to live elsewhere. It’s always good to be cultured and try new and different things so don’t be afraid to take a break from the “wake” every once in awhile. A little diversity will only help you meet new people, have new influences, and spread the reach of the wake even further. Remember the rest of the world still thinks wakeboarding/skating is throwing down that skinny little board on some rollers on the beach.
Top Ten Signs you know you are too deep in this Wake Game
10. You are waking up from a Taco Tuesday Hangover right now to read this
9. You only tweet about who you are riding with and what tricks went down
8. You moved from your beautiful hometown/lake to Orlando to live on Clear Lake
7. You tivo’d the latest pro tour episode, frame grabbed a shot of you cheering in the background, and put it on your myspace/facebook
6. Your myspace/facebook profile pic is a picture of you SHHHHREEDDDIINNNN! \m/
5. Going out at night in Orlando means going to a lot of bars but always catching last call at Spy Bar, aka, The LCQ
4. You hooked up with… wait a minute, do I even need to say her name? And your buddy looking over your shoulder reading this did too! Funny, right? Oh wait a minute you didn’t know he did? awkward…
3. You take hours to do your shopping in Performance with the hopes of a “top pro” walking in
2. Even though you didn’t get an invite, you’ve been to Byerly’s Halloween Party every year.
1. You can come up with a top ten list like this and feel extremely limited by the number ten.