WAKESTOCK – WORLD’S LARGEST WAKEBOARDING EVENT!
CELEBRATING 10 YEARS OF PROGRESSION JULY 26-29!
BUD LIGHT and TELUS
(Toronto, Canada) July 18, 2007 — WAKESTOCK, the world’s largest wakeboarding event brings the most anticipated wake festival of the summer to Toronto Island Park, Canada, July 26-29. Celebrating 10 groundbreaking years of wakeboarding progresssion and festival innovation!
An anchor event of the WWA World Series of Wakeboarding, Wakestock showcases the world’s best wakeboarders and wakeskaters in four different pro events featuring the most progressive rail set-ups in the sport. Wakestock also features over 30 bands on two stages, a massive, custom-built Element Skateboards designed skatepark, Miss Reef Bikini contest and insane nightly parties. And that’s just some of what Wakestock’s four days of boarding, bands, and bikinis includes. Here are the highlights:
• MALIBU BOATS WORLD SERIES EXPRESSION SESSION featuring the world’s top riders, including legends Parks Bonifay, Shaun Murray and Randy Harris and the new generation led by Rusty Malinoski, Philip Soven and Danny Harf.
• BILLABONG PRO RAILSLIDE featuring the world’s largest wakeboarding rail course, custom designed and built by The Projects Pat Panakos. Keith Lidberg will be back to defend his Wakestock rail title against the likes of Shane Bonifay, Chad Sharpe, Shawn Watson, Eric Ruck and Jeff Weatherall.
• OAKLEY POOL JAM INVITATIONAL featuring the best wakeboard and wakeskate rail riders raising the bar at the world’s premier winch pool event. This year’s expanded set-up features three massive pools spanning over 350 ft and two new Pat Panakos designed back to back multi-rail sets. Harf and Aaron Rathy will be back to defend their wakeboard and wakeskate best trick titles, respectively.
• BILLABONG WAKESKATE featuring the likes of Brian Grubb, Reed Hansen, George Daniels, Rathy and Brandon Thomas among others throwing down on the Billabong rails and Malibu wakes.
• TELUS MAIN STAGE featuring one of the most exciting live music line-ups of the summer, including the Deftones, Goldfinger, De La Soul, Lupe Fiasco, Story Of The Year, Del The Funky Homosapien, illScarlett, Evidence, Moneen, Cadence Weapon, Social Code, and The Junction. Over 30 bands!
• ELEMENT SKATEBOARDS presents “ISLAND OF THE AMS” Canada’s sickest skate contest in association with Right Guard Xtreme, Milk and SBC Skateboard Magazine including pro demos performed by the world’s top skateboarders.
• MISS REEF CANADA BIKINI CONTEST featuring the most beautiful girls of summer, presented by SBC Surf Magazine.
• RIGHT GUARD XTREME MOTO-X AIR ASSAULT
featuring some of the world’s top moto-x jumpers.
• MALIBU BOATS WAKESTOCK AMATEUR CHAMPIONSHIP presented by Gordon Bay Marine and Paris Marine featuring Canada’s best amateur wakeboarders, including an 11&Under category.
• ACTION SPORTS EXPO AND MARKETPLACE featuring shopping deals on the leading brands in surf, skate, wake, street, moto-x and youth fashion, music, apparel and gear.
• WAKESTOCK INDY STAGE presented by SKATE 4 CANCER, UNDERGROUND OPERATIONS and ELEMENT SKATEBOARDS featuring 18 bands over 3 days including Protest The Hero, From First To Last, Joell Ortiz, F’ked Up, Ten Second Epic, The End, Crush Luther, Die Mannequin, BrassMunk.
• BUD LIGHT AFTER-PARTIES & BEER GARDENS featuring three nights of downtown Toronto after-parties including the Bud Light Wakestock Kick-Off at the MuchMusic Parking lot with live performances by The Salads and My Darkest Days together with Toronto’s first ever Urban Freestyle Moto-xhibition, Thursday July 26, 6-9pm.
WAKESTOCK MUSIC FESTIVAL
Topping Wakestock’s amazing music line-up are the DEFTONES, the hyper-dynamic, alt-metal musical force from Sacramento, CA. Known for their aggressive, captivating live shows, the Grammy award winning Deftones are touring behind their fifth studio album, “Saturday Night Wrist”. The record has risen to No. 10 on The Billboard 200 on the strength of singles “Whole in the Earth” and “Mein”.
So-Cal ska punk legends and Wakestock fan favourites GOLDFINGER return for Wakestock #10. Guaranteed to be one of the highest energy and entertaining performances of the summer. Goldfinger is known for giving the audience their money’s worth.
DE LA SOUL will make their first appearance at Wakestock. This Grammy award winning Long Island New York act are best known for their eclectic sampling and quirky, surreal lyrics, and their contributions to the evolution of the jazz rap sub-genre. If you want to move and groove make sure you’re out front when De La Soul hits the stage.
Another Wakestock appearance first is STORY OF THE YEAR, the incredible punk rockers from St. Louis. With three certified gold releases and a rep for high energy live shows, Story Of The Year will be a Wakestock highlight.
LUPE FIASCO is an exciting fit for Wakestock, not only because he is a three time Grammy nominee, but if you’ve ever checked out the Kick Push video, he also knows a thing or two about skateboarding. Hailing from Chicago, Wasalu Jaco aka Lupe Fiasco, is a deep thinker with a wild imagination, a quick wit and a sharp tongue and a must see live show!
Oakland, California alternative hip hop artist DEL THE FUNKY HOMOSAPIEN draws from his storied history as a former member of ICE Cube’s backing band, a member of the critically acclaimed Hieroglyphics crew, and collaborator with Gorrillaz. Check him out live as he brings all of that influence, power and energy to the Wakestock stage.
Evidence, illScarlett, Moneen, Cadence Weapon, Social Code, The Junction, Protest the Hero, From First to Last, Ten Second Epic will also perform live along with Joell Ortiz, F#*#ed Up, The End, BrassMunk, Die Mannequin, Crush Luther, I Hate Sally, Machete Avenue, Dodger, Shad K, Tru-Paz, The Flatliners, These Silhouettes, The Saint Alvia Cartel and Lights.
Wakestock 2007 tickets are on sale now at www.ticketmaster.ca
Festival Pass (4 Days) $54.50
Thursday Pass (July 26) $10.00 Friday Pass (July 27) $19.50
Saturday Pass (July 28) $42.50 Sunday Pass (July 29) $32.50
Wakestock is presented by Bud Light and TELUS;
in association with Malibu Boats, Billabong, Oakley, Element, Reef, Right Guard Xtreme (RGX), Milk (Dairy Farmers of Canada), Gordon Bay Marine, Paris Marine and Yamaha in partnership with Much Music, 102.1 the Edge, The Toronto Star, Eye Weekly, SBC Skateboard Magazine, SBC Wakeboard Magazine and SBC Surf Magazine.
Wakestock™is owned and produced by SBC Events Inc, an independent Canadian production company specializing in action sport & youth lifestyle marketing, in association with SBC Media Inc., publisher of leading action sports magazines SBC Skateboard, SBC Wakeboard, Snowboard Canada, SBC Surf, SBC Skier, Snowboard Women’s Annual, SBC Ski & Snowboard Resort Guide, SBC Kiteboard, Windsport, SBC Action Sports Business magazines. “Wakestock™”, "Wakestock Festival™” and “Wakestock Action Sports & Music Festival™” are trademarks of SBC Media Inc. in Canada, the United States and/or other countries.
For more info please visit www.wakestock.com. Wakestock weekly updates sign-up for Wakestock e-News at www.wakestock.com. Media inquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org