This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website alliancewake.com (the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Provider or Owner offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Companies or any third party (including the Companies subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including the Companies subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, login, password or telephone number (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms such as user registrations or customer accounts on the Website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Website.
- Surveys, Sweepstakes and Promotions – on the Website, you may be able to participate in surveys, sweepstakes and promotions. If you choose to participate in these promotions, Provider may request information such as your name, age, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and interests or product preferences. This information is used to enter you into our contests, sweepstakes and other promotions. We may use this information to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions, but only if you have given us your consent to do so.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Information Collected From Children
The Company provides services that are intended for a general audience. Users are required to provide their dates of birth to access certain features of our website. If a user identifies himself or herself as under 13 years of age, we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, which, among other things, requires verifiable parental consent if we collect personal information from such user. In the process of obtaining parental consent, we provide parents with a description of the information we collect from our users, how that information is used, who that information is shared with, what types of information may be made public, and how a parent may access their child’s personal information or request that their child’s account be disabled. We will not knowingly ask children under the age of 13 to provide any personal information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Usage Details, IP Addresses And Cookies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data, and does not identify any individual. It helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Companies’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Provider about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of the Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Companies, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Provider. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Provider to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form) or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: ATTN: Privacy, Alliance Wake, 2033 San Elijo Ave. #230, Cardiff, California, 92007.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
We make no representation that our website is governed or operated in accordance with laws of other nations. By using our website, you acknowledge that U.S. law provides a lower standard of protection for personal data than the laws of other countries including, but not limited to, the European Union. Consequently, you waive any claims that may arise under the laws and regulations that apply to you in or of any other country or jurisdiction.
Alliance Wake, at the address below, is the data controller of the information that we collect from you. You have the right to access the information.
firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Alliance Wake, 2033 San Elijo Ave. #230, Cardiff, California, 92007.
Thank you for visiting Alliance Wake at alliancewake.com.