Top 16 Breakdown of Collegiate Teams: Part 2
By Empire Wake
Go to http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/part-one-top-16-breakdown-of-collegiate-teams/ to read Part 1 of the Top 16 Breakdown of Collegiate Teams…….
9. Virginia Tech. This was the only team to come to more then one event. They have eight solid riders who will give Texas some trouble first round. They aren’t stacked on the open level but will score in the middle strong adding the weight to the scores. They didn’t get team of the year to be knocked out first round.
10. Texas Tech. Maybe this ranking is a little low for the Red Raiders. Robert Muff carried this team in Beaumont to third place. They are going to need to step it up a little to take out Texas A&M.
11. North Texas. They didn’t place a single rider in Beaumont, but don’t let this fool you. They are a good team that can hold their own against some other teams in other regions.
12. North Carolina State. Commanded by Nicole Steele this team has their act together. She is sure to place in the women’s division and score high. They also are loaded in the advanced division with Ricky Everington leading the group.
13. Georgia State. Jenna Hamel carried this team through the Atlanta event. When she is on, she can place. Her team is going to have to step it up in the higher divisions to place higher then 13th.
14. Georgia College and State University. Intermediate rider Stephen Rhodes was the only rider to place at the very tough Atlanta stop. After the top three teams it became difficult to decide who was number four. These guys deserve to be top 16 and we will see how they ride and if they can climb some spots.
15. Baylor University. The rookie break-through team. These guys deserve to be here as much as anyone. They have some great riders and at an event with so many strong schools. Caleb Kaker and Trever Stewart are going to show well and hopefully jump this Baylor team to a new level. Look for these guys to keep getting better.
16. University of Oregon. They came to San Diego bringing 3 women and placing 2. Their beginner placed as well. If they can get they big riders at their school to show at nationals then this team is going to surprise some people. Laura McNary knows how to run a club and they aren’t going to give up easy.