St. Louis, MO – From the people who brought you the first indoor wakeboard clinic, WakeboardSTL is now bringing you yet another new and fresh idea, Summer School 2008.
Summer School 2008 is a new idea in on-water wake instruction. Similar to the instructional DVDs you have been sitting on the couch watching all winter long, Summer School 2008 offers focused lesson plans to help you improve all aspects of your riding. Unlike other clinics you may attend, you may often find yourself working on ten different things, at Summer School 2008 you will work on one thing and one thing only for each lesson plan.
Starting April 26, 2008 and running the whole Summer, wakeboardSTL instructors will bring you the knowledge of 150+ combined hours that have been acquired behind the boat from the five best instructors in the business at The Boarding School (www.theboardingschool.com): Shaun Murray, Travis Moye, Kyle Rattray, Robby Jaques and Josh Palma. Open up your minds and we will pour our knowledge in.
Here is the 2008 Summer School 2008 by wakeboardSTL Course Outline:
Wakeboarding 101 – April 26, 2008 – Cost $35
- Course Description: Getting started – Board Set-up, learning to ride and basic wakeboarding fundamentals, bringing it back to basics
Wakeboarding 102 – May 10, 2008 – Cost $35
- Course Description: Board control – Proper edging techniques, one wake jumps, surface tricks, riding switch
Wakeboarding 103 – May 31, 2008 – Cost $35
- Course Description: Wake to wake jumps (Heelside): Heelside wake to wake jumps and heelside wake to wake 180
Wakeboarding 104 – June 21, 2008 – Cost $35
- Course Description: Wake to wake jumps (Toeside) : Toeside wake to wake jumps and toeside wake to wake 180
Wakeboarding 105 – June 28, 2008 – Cost $35
- Course Description: Get your STEEZ on, add some style: grabs on wake to wake jumps (method, melon, nuclear, indy, tail etc.)
Wakeboarding AP 106 – July 12, 2008 – Cost $35
- Course Description: Get your spin on, HSFS360
Wakeboarding AP 107 – July 19, 2008 – Cost $35
- Course Description: Get your spin on part 2, TSFS360
Wakeboarding AP 108 – August 2, 2008 – Cost $35
- Course Description: Get your flip on, HS Backroll
Wakeboarding AP 109 – August 23, 2008 – Cost $35
- Course Description: Get your flip on part 2, HS Tantrum
Wakeboarding AP 110 – September 13, 2008 – Cost $35
- Course Description: Get your flip on part 3, TS Backroll
Graduation Party – Date/Location TBD- Awards Presentation and Party
Did you fall a little short in your bid to be class Valedictorian or making the honor roll? wakeboardSTL is also giving you a chance to redeem yourself.
- Dean's List: Single most improved rider to complete 80% of the 2008 Lesson Plan, as voted on by the University of WakeboardSTL, will win a new board and binding setup from CWB.
- Honor Roll: Single most improved rider to complete 60% of the 2008 Lesson Plan, as voted on by the University of WakeboardSTL, will win a prize pack TBD from Stateamind Watersports and Monster Energy.
For additional details or more information check out www.wakeboardSTL.com or call Stateamind Watersports at 314-731-3795.
WakeboardSTL would like to thank their 2008 sponsors for making all things possible: CWB Board Co., Proline Rope Technology, Stateamind Watersports and Monster Energy.