WWA Regional Championships Brings Out Top Amateur and Jr. Pro Riders
Wakeboarders, Wakeskaters and Wakesurfers To Be Titled
From Lake Alfred, FL (June 5, 2014) – Ever wanted to own a championship title versus the best riders in your region?… Now you have your chance. In the WWA Wakeboard Regional Championships, held in conjunction with the Malibu WWA Rider Experience, you’ll be able to compete against age appropriate riders in an opportunity to take the cake. Whether you’re a wakeboarder, wakeskater or wakesurfer, there’s a divisions for you.
There are 4 regions selected appropriately by the WWA, based off of the state-to-state membership breakdown. South, West, Central and East are the region’s breakdowns. Using these events as a building block to progress the sport and give riders a goal to obtain is the whole idea behind the WWA Regional Championships.
Seeding for all amateur and Jr. Pro Men’s divisions at the WWA Wakeboard US National Championships are based off of the Regional placements, so you’ll be able to ride as the top dog in Nationals. Registration is now open for all 4 Regions, so get signed up and get on the water!
South — Click Here for more info!
West — Click Here for more info!
Central — Click Here for more info!
East — Click Here for more info!
Here’s how you’ll be seeded for Nationals:
- Criteria 1: WWA National Championships winners from previous year’s Nationals will hold top seed.
- Criteria 2: WWA Regional Championships placements used as seeding for Nationals.
- Jr. Pro Men’s division: Seeding for Nationals will be based off of the overall ranking from all 4 stops of the Malibu WWA Rider Experience.
Divisions of Competition:
- Boys ages 10-13 – Anything goes
- Boys Beginner ages 10-13 – No inverts or spins over 180
- Junior Boys ages 9 and under – Anything goes
- Junior Boys Beginner ages 9 and under – No inverts or spins over 180
- Junior Men ages 14-18
- Junior Pro Men ages 14-18
- Men’s I ages 19-24
- Men’s II ages 25-29
- Masters ages 30-39
- Veterans ages 40 and over
- Junior Girls ages 9 & under
- Girls ages 10-13
- Junior Women ages 14-18
- Amateur Women ages 19-29
- Masters Women ages 30- 39
- Veterans Women ages 40 and over
- Amateur Wakeskate any age
- Adaptive Sitboarding
- Adaptive Standing
- Men’s Wakesurf (Divisions added based on total number of registrations)
- Women’s Wakesurf (Divisions added based on total number of registrations)
- Pro Card (For additional pro card information, see WWAProCard.com)
*All ages are as of January 1 of the current year of competition.