THE 2018 SUPRA BOATS PRO WAKEBOARD TOUR BROUGHT THE WORLD’S TOP WAKEBOARDERS TO LAKE NORMAN IN MOORESVILLE, NC ON SATURDAY
MOORESVILLE, North Carolina (June 17, 2018) —The third stop of the 2018 Supra Boats Pro Wakeboard Tour (PWT) brought the world’s top wakeboarders and wakesurfers to Lake Norman’s Stumpy Creek Boat Landing on Saturday, June 16th. The day was filled with outstanding performances and tough competition.
Highlights from the day include:
- Cory Teunissen wins his third ever PWT event with an incredible run in the finals. The Australian lead the way, and in his first run of the finals, threw down two double inverts and another clean 1080 to avenge his narrow defeat at the Acworth, GA stop last month.
- Sean Silveira goes back-to-back with his second win in a row on the Pro Wakesurf Tour. The world champion Flowrider athlete now has a commanding lead for the overall PWT title.
- For the second stop in a row, the Supra Boats Pro Wakeboard Tour featured an all Australian podium as the Aussies continue to dominate the competition. This go-round, the podium consisted of Cory Teunissen, Nic Rapa, and Harley Clifford, who made up for his disappointing performance in Acworth.
- With this podium, the race for the overall Supra Boats PWT title has become much more defined heading into the fourth and final stop in August. It is now Nic Rapa’s to lose. Current standings: Nic Rapa – 280 points, Cory Teunissen – 265 points and Harley Clifford – 240 points.
- Mooresville fans came out in force – by land and by water – to cheer on the athletes of the Supra Boats PWT.
The Supra Boats SA550 is the official tow boat for the tour again in 2018. Purpose-built to create clean, consistent and controlled wakes, it is designed to push athletes to new levels while preserving strict handling and a balanced ride for those onboard.
The Supra Boats Pro Wakeboard Tour continues August 4th in Warsaw, IN.
ROUND 3: MOORESVILE, NC RESULTS